Tuesday 24 June 2014

[Travel Post] Bintan: Angsana Resort [Picture Heavy]




In the spirit to keep my mental sane, I take a regular holiday. It doesn't matter what or where, as long as it involves the sun, I would be very satisfied. So when my friend asked me if I wanted to go with her for a vacay in Bintan, it was a sure yes. I have never been to Bintan, despite the fact that it is in close proximity with Singapore and it is in Indonesia, though it should just be called mini Singapore. The only one objective in our holiday is resting, doing nothing by the beach. Sounds like your favourite holiday? Yeah, me too.



Bintan Island x Angsana Resort

We did our resort bookings and ferry ride tickets in less than a day. It was truly impromptu but impromptu holidays are the best because right in the middle of the busy week, bam! you have something to look forward to. 

We chose Angsana Resort mainly because it is a cheaper alternative to Banyan Tree Resort and they have a beautiful pool. 




The resort face a beautiful beach, I could not believe my eyes when I saw it. I really thought, this can't be in Indonesia. If you have seen Bali beaches, double the clearness of the water and add some rocks by the shore and you get: Bintan Island.








The pool is massive and really pretty. I was very happy that on the first day we arrived, the weather was really good. It was neither hot nor cold and we could enjoy everything to the fullest. The next morning when we took morning dip, the rain was pouring and we couldn't stay in the water too long. *bummer*








Just a view from our room

We also managed to dine in at their restaurant. That weekend, they offer an Indonesian Satay BBQ for USD38++ per pax. They have quite a few selections of satay,from chicken to beef to squid. On top of satay, they also have some local dishes like rendang and sambal prawn. Other than the main dishes, they also have a wide selection of dessert which mainly consist of traditional kueh. 



'Till i see the sun again

-M-


No comments:

Post a Comment