Sunday 29 June 2014

[Food Post] Lung King Heen HK. 3-michelin star Chinese Restaurant


Do you know that Lung King Heen is the first chinese restaurant in the world ever awarded with the esteemed 3 michelin star?! 

Lung King Heen is located at four season HK serves mainly yum cha in the morning and chinese course in the evening. 



I had the opportunity last Christmas to dine in this restaurant while I was traveling to HK. 

And my life has been forever changed...


Lung King Heen restaurant has a grand and majestic oriental decorations. The view from the restaurant to HK city is just an added plus point to an otherwise beautiful, modern and elegant restaurant. It combines the traditional chinese feeling with a fine dining ambience. 



I made a reservation almost 2 months for fear that I couldn't get any spot here. We got a really nice seat but not by the window. I didn't really mind, honestly. I mostly just want to eat good food with my fiancé. 

Like most modern yum cha restaurant, Lung King Heen doesn't have a cart roaming around the room for people to pick from. Instead, All the food is prepared and served hot according to your order. 

G and I ordered several dishes from their dimsum menu and some from the ala carté section. We were first given their homemade condiments consisted of 3 types of sauce. (I did at some point expected a normal chili but this is supposedly the best dim sun restaurant in the world so I really shouldn't expect anything less than homemade sauces)

When the food came, I was really flabbergasted. It was so wonderfully prepared and presented, especially the xiao long bao and the lobster x scallop shiu mai. G had that OMG moment at the bite of their BBQ pork bun and I had mine at the scallop and minced chicken puff. These two are a must order! Like MUST















If you are in HK and would like to try out something different, do head down to Lung King Heen. You won't feel disappointed! 

-M-

No comments:

Post a Comment