Tuesday 24 June 2014

[Food Post] San Fransisco: Woodhouse Fish n Co





Prior to this trip, I had a massive craving for Lobster Roll. I still am actually or I probably just crave for it all the time. Lobster is one of my favorite seafood of all time. The other one is crayfish. I don't eat it all the time but if I had a chance, I always choose them over any other seafood. 

So, thanks to Google and blogs and everything else in between, I managed to nail down the best Lobster roll in SF. It was the first thing we ate when we arrived. It wasn't too crowded. I guess it was the timing because as far as I know they are usually really crowded. 

Ambience. Can I just say that I really love how simple and homey the place is? Look at their kitchen! with mainly pastel colours and fishings decors, the place managed to snatch my heart away. It is simple, possibly portray SF best. 






Food. We ordered Lobster Roll, Drunken Crab, Crispy Squid (G's must order appetiser) and Crab sandwich. The bill turned out to be less than $100, which is pretty cheap considering a crab could easily cost $50-60/kg here in SG! 


My favorite has got to be the Lobster Roll (duh!). It was creamy and the lobster is sweet and I forgot what happened I might just had a blackout from it. It was really good! 

G and his fam like the drunken crab more but I hate getting my hands dirty from peeling crabs. Nothing personal, just the smell stays with you a long time and I got a tad OCD over it. :(



The squid, well as expected and can probably be very clearly seen, is really crunchy. Everything was just on point. It was fresh, very well fried and the batter was properly seasoned.




I must say I'm not the biggest fan of this crab sandwich. But it's totally personal, I think G's mom chose this over the lobster roll. 




Woodhouse Fish Co.
073 Market St, 
San Francisco, CA 94114, United States
http://www.woodhousefish.com

-M-

No comments:

Post a Comment