Tuesday 24 June 2014

[Food Post] Seoul Han Chu Chicken

If you happen to google Best Korean Fried Chicken in Seoul, many bloggers, local and international alike would refer you to this restaurant. They are located near Apgujeong. We took a cab from our hotel because we were two clueless tourists who were desperate to find this chicken and G just hate walking under the sun. So to keep his mood up and happy, We cabbed there.

The first time we arrived, it wasn't too crowded so we were given a seat on their long bench. it was really comfortable because I had a lot of stuffs to carry. 

We ordered their famous fried chicken and some twigim (basically it is something fried, this one is bell pepper with minced meat). G doesn't eat bell pepper so I actually finished the whole place myself, just saying. 





The chicken arrived and the chicken has bits of chilies in the batter which isn't too hot for my standard but G didn't seem to be able to tolerate it. Most Korean food is spicy anyway so I was actually prepared. 

The twigim was really good! I really could eat 2 plates if I weren't afraid of getting cough or anything associated with throat inflammation. They gave soy sauce so I was happily dipping my twigim while G wasn't too happy I ate salty and greasy stuffs this much. (He is somehow a lot more health conscious than i am)


Do try it if you happen to be in Seoul

Han Chu Chicken
549-9 Shinsa-dong
Gangnam-gu Seoul
Tel: 02 3446 5778
Daily: 5pm – 3am
Nearest Station: Apgujeong

No comments:

Post a Comment